0. Introduction

I decided to start this blog as a way to help all my friends out there who recently took up photography as a hobby to understand the basics and motivate them to start looking at the world through a photographers perspective. I am thinking to start with the basics of photography from a technical perspective, then move on to the creative side of photography. I want this to be a place where we can share ideas, ask questions and give advice. You're welcome to suggest topics you'd like to know more about. Let me know what you think and if you'd be interested!  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here are some topics I am thinking about: 

Basics:
  • Exposure
  • Shutter speed
  • Aperture
  • Film Speed

Camera Modes:
  • P ~ Program
  • TV ~ Shutter Priority
  • Av ~ Aperture Priority
  • Picture modes

Composition / Creative:
  • Rule of Thirds
  • Fill the Frame
  • View point
  • Leading lines

Please let me know if you would like any other topics on the list as well. Also, what frequency would you like new topics? I am playing with the idea (depending on how many people are participating) on having an assignment after each topic where you can apply what you learnt. 

Before I put to much effort into this I would like to know if you think this is something that would be helpful to you. You can email me on jacodreyer@gmail.com 
If there is anyone else that you know would like to subscribe to this blog please send me their email addresses and I will add them. 

For those of you that is in the process of buying a camera, we could start a separate blog for discussing options and factors to consider. 

I have created my first topic on "Exposure". Please leave comments or email me with suggestions. Questions can be added on the blog as comments so that everyone can learn from them. 



 

No comments: